N/A, Lagos - N/A
Data Analyst at Lidya
Lidya is the future of finance for small businesses in frontier markets. Our goal is to help great business owners access financing and build a credit score through an easy and inspiring lending process. Lidya is currently live in Nigeria and is using world-class technology to help small businesses invoice customers, access credit, and build credit scores to grow their businesses.
Lidya is founded by Tunde Kehinde, the former Managing Director of Jumia Nigeria, the largest eCommerce platform in West Africa and Ercin Eksin, the former Chief Operating Officer of Jumia Africa responsible for operations in 6 of the largest economies in Africa. Tunde and Ercin also co-founded Africa Courier Express, the largest direct-to-consumer delivery provider in Nigeria. Tunde and Ercin attended Harvard Business School and the University of Chicago-Booth, respectively for their MBAs.
Lidya is expanding its activities in West Africa. To support our development, we are looking for a strategic and experienced Data Analyst to join our team. Your work will help to grow our loan book and inform smarter, faster credit decisioning and superior portfolio management. You will be a driving force in helping Lidya quickly scale to millions of loans with minimal losses and exceptional returns. This is a perfect opportunity to participate in an entrepreneurial adventure that will revolutionize business in Africa and beyond.
We are looking for a passionate Data Analyst. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. The Data Analyst position will work closely with the senior management team and will be responsible for importing, transforming, validating or modeling data with the purpose of understanding or drawing conclusions from the data in order to drive clinical and operational decision-making.
The data analyst’s responsibilities may include presenting data in charts, graphs and tables as well as designing and developing relational databases for collecting data.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Acquiring and authentication of data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs and locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
Desired Qualifications and Skillset:
- 3 to 5 years+ of experience working with an Investment Bank, Management Consulting Firm or in an advanced degree course with heavy math and/or statistics requirements.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc).
- Attention to Detail: The conclusions drawn from your data analysis will drive critical departmental initiatives. Accuracy and attention to detail are paramount.
- Analytical Skills: Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Math Skills: Deep understanding of basic statistical methods.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, information management, investments or a related business discipline (MBA, CPA, or CFA is a plus).