N/A, Lagos - N/A
At Lidya, our vision is a future where every great business owner has fair and fast funding to build and grow high impact businesses. To achieve this, we use data-driven finance and technology to help great business owners build high-impact businesses in the fastest growing economies in the world. Lidya currently operates in Nigeria, Poland, and Czech Republic where close to 200,000 businesses have signed up for our service. Lidya is backed by Flourish Ventures, Accion, Bamboo Capital, Alitheia Capital and Newid Capital. Lidya has raised close to $15m USD in venture capital and has teams across Lagos (Nigeria), Prague (Czech Republic), Warsaw (Poland), Porto (Portugal) and New York (USA).
Lidya is run by Tunde Kehinde, the Co-Founder, and former Managing Director of Jumia Nigeria, the largest eCommerce platform in Africa. Jumia is publicly listed company on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Tunde also co-founded Africa Courier Express, the largest direct-to-consumer delivery provider in Nigeria. Tunde attended Harvard Business School for his MBA and graduated with honors with a bachelor’s in business administration from Howard University.
Lidya is expanding its activities. To support our development, we are looking for a strategic and experienced Investment Officer that believes in our vision and shares our values. We believe that brilliant people operating in a great culture will produce the best outcome. We operate, hire, develop, and promote people based on the values below.
- We are ambitious. We want to be number one. Lidya is for those is for those who always strive for excellence, for those who want to become the best in the world at what they do, for those who would never settle for less.
- We use data to back our decisions. Lidya is for those who dive into the details. Who are always in search of the truth. Who want to understand what the problem is and its root cause.
- We have high standards for our team and our customers. We never compromise on talent. We select, coach, and retain the best talent and give them the support to do their best work. We seek team members who want to delight our customers and offer solutions that help them have high impact and solve their needs.
- We take ownership and we persevere. We seek team members that are determined, skilled, courageous, and work intelligently every day to succeed and be number one.
The Investment Officer position is responsible for growing a loan portfolio, acquiring & managing clients and building partnerships through which Lidya’s products can be deployed; with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement your investment team’s plan and strategy, communicate expectations and obligations to the investment teams, and monitor and report on performance to optimize the value of the loan portfolio.
- Managing existing client engagements. Managing and closing current deals with clients, corporate partners, funding partners, and acquiring new business for Lidya, in particular with Enterprise clients.
- Hiring, training and managing a team of up to 9 professionals to build a sustainable loan portfolio and ensure all commercial goals are met an.
- Managing past due accounts and determine the appropriate collection action to be taken for each individual client.
Desired Qualifications and Skillset:
- 7 – 10 years+ of experience (preferably commercial) working with a Commercial Bank, Investment Bank, Management Consulting Firm, or in a Business Development Role (with experience in the financial services sector a plus).
- Working knowledge of the entire underwriting process from loan application to funds disbursement and collections.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, statistics, mathematics, engineering, investments or a related business discipline (MBA, CPA, or CFA is a plus).
- Demonstrated experience with managing day to day aspects of client relationships and projects including considerable experience meeting commercial milestones (i.e. achieving revenue or profit targets).
- Motivated self-starter, with an entrepreneurial spirit and a proven adherent of a team-driven philosophy and ability to manage a team of 5+ colleagues to meet commercial targets consistently and sustainably.