Human Resources Associate
N/A, Lagos - N/A
At Lidya, our vision is a future where every great business owner has fair and fast funding to build and grow high impact businesses. To achieve this, we use data-driven finance and technology to help great business owners build high-impact businesses in the fastest growing economies in the world. Lidya currently operates in Nigeria, Poland, and Czech Republic where close to 200,000 businesses have signed up for our service. Lidya is backed by Flourish Ventures, Accion, Bamboo Capital, Alitheia Capital and Newid Capital. Lidya has raised close to $15m USD in venture capital and has teams across Lagos (Nigeria), Prague (Czech Republic), Warsaw (Poland), Porto (Portugal) and New York (USA).
Lidya is run by Tunde Kehinde, the Co-Founder, and former Managing Director of Jumia Nigeria, the largest eCommerce platform in Africa. Jumia is publicly listed company on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Tunde also co-founded Africa Courier Express, the largest direct-to-consumer delivery provider in Nigeria. Tunde attended Harvard Business School for his MBA and graduated with honors with a bachelor’s in business administration from Howard University.
Lidya is expanding its activities. To support our development, we are looking for a strategic and experienced Human Resources Associate that believes in our vision and shares our values. We believe that brilliant people operating in a great culture will produce the best outcome. We operate, hire, develop, and promote people based on the values below.
- Customer Focus + Integrity: Our customers are the foundation of everything we do. That is why we deliver impact with ethics and integrity. Customers are our mission and our inspiration – they give us new ideas and keep us nimble.
- High Standards + Compassion: As a team, we support each other and hold each other accountable. We are constantly analyzing how we can improve. At Lidya, we do our homework, test rigorously, and the best ideas win.
- Pride + Ownership: We give our best to provide next-level service to our customers. Lidya is a commitment. Each of us takes responsibility and pride in doing exceptional work every day, because we are excited to build powerful solutions.
- Data + Human Intuition: Financial innovation demands agility, creativity, and dedication. Lidya is data-driven at the core, but we never lose sight of the human relationships we have with our customers.
- Growth + Resilience: Belief in our mission makes us ambitious to grow our global footprint. We also know that growth must be sustainable. As we take on new challenges, we will always remain rooted in our local communities.
- Team + Perseverance: Lidya is a strong, multicultural team. We are respectful, open, honest, empowering, and joyful. We know we cannot overcome obstacles without the team – or without perseverance. Everybody listens and shows up for each other, so each achievement is a team victory.
The Human Resources Associate works with the management team to develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy. A successful candidate supports current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation, and preservation of human capital. The HR Associate will find potential candidates, screen them, and recommend them for placement. The process of recruiting may involve both internal and external sourcing methods, thereby requiring the HR associate to be adept at understanding where and how to locate candidates. The role does not end with discovery of potential candidates, we are looking for great associates who will be involved in:
- Candidate Screening: screening resumes to determine which candidates meet the minimum requirements and then moving chosen candidates on to the next step in the hiring process.
- Interviewing: Conducting initial interviews, which are then used to narrow the number of potential candidates who will be interviewed by team leads for the relevant departments.
- Reference and Background Checks: Conducting reference checks by verifying employment information and contacting the professional and personal contacts provided by the candidate.
- Training and Development: Developing and implementing a training, development and feedback schedule for different divisions and oversee a performance appraisal system that drives high performance.
- Analytics and Career Path: Developing, implementing, and reviewing detailed career paths for all levels of the organization at different stages of growth and provide decision support through HR Metrics.
- Office administration. Maintaining an appealing, safe, and productive work environment including scheduling, overseeing, and implementing regular building maintenance (power, cleaning, furniture, and related services) and overseeing appropriate, attendance, security, fire prevention and other safety systems.
- People administration. Tracking and measuring staff attendance and ensuring employee appraisals are conducted on time and employees have all the business tools and resources required to perform their job at a high level.
- Policy. Maintaining management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
Desired Qualifications and Skillset:
- 5 years+ of experience in a Human Resources Role working with a Commercial bank (or company in the financial services industry) or Multinational company.
- Working knowledge of the entire recruiting process from recruitment to employment placement and development.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or a related business discipline (Master’s Degree in Human resources or Professional Human Resources certification is a plus).