N/A, Lagos - N/A
The Investment Officer position is responsible for acquiring & managing clients and assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers, with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses.
The successful candidate will also be a highly effective sales leader and also fully capable of closing deals by navigating the partner through all facets of the negotiation process. You will be a senior manager responsible for providing leadership to the investment team and ensuring portfolio growth is obtained.
- Ambitious & Metrics Driven: You want to solve the $3 trillion USD small business credit gap across frontier markets. You are committed to relentlessly finding the right customer, building trust and converting those relationships into sustainable, win-win partnerships. You understand that you will be judged on your numbers and building a high growth, profitable loan book.
- Has no complacency and is high energy. You understand your role is critical to the company. You apply high energy every day to grow your customer base and revenue. You want to grow every day, month, quarter, year. You are persistent, clear and driven to get deals done – properly and quickly.
- Resourceful, High Integrity, High Impact. You find a way. You do business with trust and transparency and dig into the details with the aim to help customers get the credit they need to grow their business.
- Collaborative. You understand you need a team to succeed. You carry along internal stakeholders to ensure they are aligned to support and drive sales and conversion.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Corporate Relations: Develop and maintain professional relationships with key contacts in private entities. You are expected to utilize these relationships to create a strong client pipeline for your investment teams and promote Lidya’s initiatives throughout our key markets. Contacts include corporate executives, professional business associations, and other similarly aligned community and business development organizations.
- Loan Portfolio Growth: Develop long and short-term strategies and tactics for meeting the Portfolio’s growth targets, primarily loan originations, revenue and profit. Execute your investment team’s plan and strategy, communicate expectations and obligations to the investment team, and monitor and report on performance to optimize the value of the loan portfolio. You will be evaluated on your KPIs and must ensure growth is achieved and non-performing loans are minimized.
- Team Management: Manage your investment team in launching, qualifying, and acquiring relationships with clients across relevant sectors including but not limited to companies in the eCommerce, consumer goods, healthcare and financial services industries.
- Debt Settlements: Support the Collections team in managing non-performing loans by conducting analysis, and develop and recommend plans to eliminate client debt. Manage past due accounts and determine the appropriate collection action to be taken for clients to ensure non-performing loans are minimized.
Desired Qualifications and Skillset:
- 12 – 20 years+ of experience (preferably commercial) working with an Investment Bank, Management Consulting Firm, Commercial Bank or in a Business Development Role (with experience in the financial services sector a plus).
- Working knowledge of the entire underwriting process from loan application to funds disbursement and collections.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, statistics, mathematics, engineering, investments or a related business discipline (MBA, CPA, or CFA is a plus).
- Outstanding communications skills and demonstrated experience with managing day to day aspects of client relationships and projects including considerable experience meeting commercial milestones (i.e. achieving revenue or profit targets).
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to read and assess company financial statements – profitability, cash flow and debt service capacity analysis + projections.
- High attention to detail and the ability to properly identify the key credit risks, and reach a prompt and well thought out credit decision.
- Motivated self-starter, with an entrepreneurial spirit and a proven adherent of a team-driven philosophy and ability to manage a team of 5+ colleagues to meet commercial targets consistently and sustainably.