Sales Operations Manager
N/A, Lagos - N/A
At Lidya, our vision is a future where every great business owner has fair and fast funding to build and grow high impact businesses. To achieve this, we use data-driven finance and technology to help great business owners build high-impact businesses in the fastest growing economies in the world. Lidya currently operates in Nigeria, Poland, and Czech Republic where close to 200,000 businesses have signed up for our service. Lidya is backed by Flourish Ventures, Accion, Bamboo Capital, Alitheia Capital and Newid Capital. Lidya has raised close to $15m USD in venture capital and has teams across Lagos (Nigeria), Prague (Czech Republic), Warsaw (Poland), Porto (Portugal) and New York (USA).
Lidya is run by Tunde Kehinde, the Co-Founder, and former Managing Director of Jumia Nigeria, the largest eCommerce platform in Africa. Jumia is publicly listed company on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Tunde also co-founded Africa Courier Express, the largest direct-to-consumer delivery provider in Nigeria. Tunde attended Harvard Business School for his MBA and graduated with honors with a bachelor’s in business administration from Howard University.
Lidya is expanding its activities. To support our development, we are looking for a strategic and experienced Sales Operations Manager that believes in our vision and shares our values. We believe that brilliant people operating in a great culture will produce the best outcome. We operate, hire, develop, and promote people based on the values below.
- We are ambitious. We want to be number one. Lidya is for those is for those who always strive for excellence, for those who want to become the best in the world at what they do, for those who would never settle for less.
- We use data to back our decisions. Lidya is for those who dive into the details. Who are always in search of the truth. Who want to understand what the problem is and its root cause.
- We have high standards for our team and our customers. We never compromise on talent. We select, coach, and retain the best talent and give them the support to do their best work. We seek team members who want to delight our customers and offer solutions that help them have high impact and solve their needs.
- We take ownership and we persevere. We seek team members that are determined, skilled, courageous, and work intelligently every day to succeed and be number one.
The Sales Operations Manager is making sure sales teams are running as efficiently and productively as possible. Much of this role revolves around optimizing the company’s digital CRM — customer relationship management — system to ensure there is clear and effective communication between the sales team and clients. This role also includes data tracking and analysis to provide stakeholders with recommendations and insights to improve performance. Sales operations managers interact with all levels of the sales team. For new sales team members, they help with training, onboarding, and mentoring. With sales leaders and managers, they help make data-driven decisions and recommendations for improving the sales funnel and process. Outside of the sales team, sales operations managers often work alongside the marketing team to build a lead qualification process, arrange email campaigns and share information to create marketing content.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the sales team with process improvement by developing and maintaining daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and Key Performance Indicators, tracking and analyzing key metrics including pipeline growth, win/loss rates, sale productivity and quota attainment.
- Partner with Sales and Marketing department to refine lead qualification process, analyze and report on campaign performance with reporting and dashboards.
- Own the end-to-end process of tracking the sales funnel and operational metrics and delivering regular insights to the business; define and deliver techniques to improve the funnel performance for sales management.
- Assist with on-boarding and training new sales talent and Enterprise partners including, creating, and maintaining sales department policies, procedures, training manuals, and sales-related resource material.
- Refine customer segmentation, assist with territory management, and create a plan to enhance renewal and upsell processes.
- Maintain regular check-ins with Sales Managers/Enterprise Sales Representatives and others who contribute to opportunity development to determine how sales opportunities are tracking against plan and identify any problems for internal review and problem solving.
Desired Qualifications and Skillset:
- 3-5 years of experience in sales operations as a subject matter expert with proficiency creating reports, optimizing processes, training new hires, and managing dashboards. Experience in the finance sector is a plus.
- Experience building and managing a team of 5+ sales operations and customer success professionals.
- Bachelor's degree required, technical or business-related field preferred.
- Ability to understand high-level sales strategies, translate them into system and process requirements, and ensure local execution and business impact.
- Advanced Excel skills with a strong understanding of Microsoft Office, other CRM applications and email marketing strategies.