Capital Markets Officer
N/A, Lagos - N/A
At Lidya, our vision is a future where every great business owner has fair and fast funding to build and grow high impact businesses. To achieve this, we use data-driven finance and technology to help great business owners build high-impact businesses in the fastest growing economies in the world. Lidya currently operates in Nigeria, Poland, and Czech Republic where close to 200,000 businesses have signed up for our service. Lidya is backed by Flourish Ventures, Accion, Bamboo Capital, Alitheia Capital and Newid Capital. Lidya has raised close to $15m USD in venture capital and has teams across Lagos (Nigeria), Prague (Czech Republic), Warsaw (Poland), Porto (Portugal) and New York (USA).
Lidya is run by Tunde Kehinde, the Co-Founder, and former Managing Director of Jumia Nigeria, the largest eCommerce platform in Africa. Jumia is publicly listed company on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Tunde also co-founded Africa Courier Express, the largest direct-to-consumer delivery provider in Nigeria. Tunde attended Harvard Business School for his MBA and graduated with honors with a bachelor’s in business administration from Howard University.
Lidya is expanding its activities. To support our development, we are looking for a strategic and experienced Capital Markets Officer that believes in our vision and shares our values. We believe that brilliant people operating in a great culture will produce the best outcome. We operate, hire, develop, and promote people based on the values below.
- We are ambitious. We want to be number one. Lidya is for those is for those who always strive for excellence, for those who want to become the best in the world at what they do, for those who would never settle for less.
- We use data to back our decisions. Lidya is for those who dive into the details. Who are always in search of the truth. Who want to understand what the problem is and its root cause.
- We have high standards for our team and our customers. We never compromise on talent. We select, coach, and retain the best talent and give them the support to do their best work. We seek team members who want to delight our customers and offer solutions that help them have high impact and solve their needs.
- We take ownership and we persevere. We seek team members that are determined, skilled, courageous, and work intelligently every day to succeed and be number one.
The Capital Markets Officer will be accountable for creating and presenting a consistently applied message to providers of capital. The Officer will source, analyze, structure, and negotiate lines of credit or other funding structures for the Company, and present to management, options for raising new lines of debt or other instruments to enable growth of the Company’s lending business. The successful candidate will also be a highly effective leader and also fully capable of managing deals by navigating capital providers through all facets of the capital raising process. You will work closely with the Senior Management team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating the debt transaction process with internal and external parties. Responsibilities include document preparation and review, preparing for the rating agency process, helping with due diligence, working with internal teams and external partners to finalize presentations, reviewing and modeling cash flows, and other activities that arise throughout the process.
- Working closely with internal teams and external partners on all matters related to financing; including providing financial analysis and guidance on questions related to debt modeling, project feasibility, and capital structures. Ability to distill complex information and analyses into reports and presentations.
- Investor and Partner Communication: You actively seek new ways to source and increase funding. You are responsible for the maintenance of capital provider data, and for providing company updates to existing and potential capital providers.
- Developing, monitoring and managing performance metrics for the capital markets function including dashboards to monitor loan portfolio performance, company financial performance, competitive landscape and macro-economic indicators.
- Community Relations: The Capital Markets Officer will develop and maintain professional relationships with key contacts in private, public and regulatory entities. You are expected to utilize these relationships to promote Lidya’s initiatives and accomplishments throughout our key markets.
Desired Qualifications and Skillset:
- 7+ years of debt capital markets/structured finance experience at a Credit Fund, Investment Bank or other consumer/commercial lenders. Advanced knowledge of financial concepts, accounting principles and financial reporting.
- Advanced skill and experience in applying financial and business analysis techniques and in developing sophisticated financial models.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, statistics, mathematics, engineering, investments or a related business discipline (MBA, CPA, or CFA is a plus).
- Extremely strong communication (oral and written) skills, as well as the ability to source, develop and maintain business relationships. Strong understanding of financial reports, analytic methods, and financial data tools are often required.
- Proven ability to handle a high-paced work environment, to prioritize a heavy workload, to manage multiple assignments and to meet deadlines.
- Motivated self-starter, with an entrepreneurial spirit and a proven adherent of a team-driven philosophy. Willingness to travel is key.