N/A, Lagos - N/A
Growth Officer at Lidya
At Lidya, our vision is a future where every great business owner has fair and fast funding to build and grow high impact businesses. To achieve this, we use data-driven finance and technology to help great business owners build high-impact businesses in the fastest growing economies in the world. Lidya currently operates in Nigeria, Poland, and Czech Republic where close to 200,000 businesses have signed up for our service. Lidya is backed by Flourish Ventures, Accion, Bamboo Capital, Alitheia Capital and Newid Capital. Lidya has raised close to $15m USD in venture capital and has teams across Lagos (Nigeria), Prague (Czech Republic), Warsaw (Poland), Porto (Portugal) and New York (USA).
Lidya is run by Tunde Kehinde, the Co-Founder, and former Managing Director of Jumia Nigeria, the largest eCommerce platform in Africa. Jumia is publicly listed company on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Tunde also co-founded Africa Courier Express, the largest direct-to-consumer delivery provider in Nigeria. Tunde attended Harvard Business School for his MBA and graduated with honors with a bachelor’s in business administration from Howard University.
Lidya is expanding its activities. To support our development, we are looking an OWNER. A strategic and experienced Growth Officer that believes in our vision and shares our values. We believe that brilliant people operating in a great culture will produce the best outcome. We operate, hire, develop, and promote people based on our OWNER culture below.
- Ownership: Ownership is taking the initiative to bring about positive results. It means not waiting for others to act andcaring about the outcome as much as an owner of the company would. It is being accountable for the results of your actions -that are of the highest quality and delivered in a timely manner. Taking ownership shows others that they can trust you to do the right thing.
- Win: We understand we will be measured against our results and work every day to show we deliver the metrics and KPIs that demonstrate we offer the best solutions to our customers. This means we have an obligation to the organization in terms of results, and that we have an obligation to act on the items that impact those results. You may have to assemble a team to help bring about results, but ultimately, you must be accountable and own the results of your actions.
- Navigate: We digest data, navigate challenges,and solve problems. We exist to help our customers succeed. Keeping our customers top of mind is the foundation of everything we do. That is why we communicate proactively and frequently with all stakeholders (customers, internal team, and external partners) and we deliver high impact with ethics and integrity, consistently.
- Excellent: We operate with high standards and with rigor. We dive deep into the details to understand the problems of the customer and analyze how we can improve. At Lidya, we do our homework, test rigorously, and the best ideas win.
- Rapid Results: We have a start-up mindset. We must deliver results to our customers faster and more sustainably than any other option they have.
The Growth Officer position is responsible for growing a loan portfolio, acquiring & managing clients and building partnerships through which Lidya’s products can be deployed; with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement your Growth team’s plan and strategy, communicate expectations and obligations to the Growth teams, and monitor and report on performance to optimize the value of the loan portfolio.
- Managing existing client engagements. Managing and closing current deals with clients, corporate partners, funding partners, and acquiring new business for Lidya.
- Hiring, training, and managing a team of up to 9 professionals to build a sustainable net revenue portfolio and ensure all commercial goals are met an.
- Managing past due accounts and determine the appropriate collection action to be taken for each individual client.
Desired Qualifications and Skillset:
- 7 – 10 years+ of experience (preferably commercial) working with a Commercial Bank, Payments Processor, Merchant Bank, Management Consulting Firm, or in a Business Development Role (with experience in the financial services sector a plus).
- Working knowledge of the entire underwriting process from loan application to funds disbursement and collections.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, statistics, mathematics, engineering, or a related business discipline (MBA, CPA, or CFA is a plus).
- Demonstrated experience with managing day to day aspects of client relationships and projects including considerable experience meeting commercial milestones (i.e., achieving revenue or profit targets).
- Motivated self-starter, with an entrepreneurial spirit and a proven adherent of a team-driven philosophy and ability to manage a team of 5+ colleagues to meet commercial targets consistently and sustainably.