N/A, Lagos - N/A
At Lidya, our vision is a future where every great business owner has fair and fast funding to build and grow high impact businesses. To achieve this, we use data-driven finance and technology to help great business owners build high-impact businesses in the fastest growing economies in the world. Lidya currently operates in Nigeria, Poland, and Czech Republic where close to 200,000 businesses have signed up for our service. Lidya is backed by Flourish Ventures, Accion, Bamboo Capital, Alitheia Capital and Newid Capital. Lidya has raised close to $15m USD in venture capital and has teams across Lagos (Nigeria), Prague (Czech Republic), Warsaw (Poland), Porto (Portugal) and New York (USA).
Lidya is run by Tunde Kehinde, the Co-Founder, and former Managing Director of Jumia Nigeria, the largest eCommerce platform in Africa. Jumia is publicly listed company on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Tunde also co-founded Africa Courier Express, the largest direct-to-consumer delivery provider in Nigeria. Tunde attended Harvard Business School for his MBA and graduated with honors with a bachelor’s in business administration from Howard University.
Lidya is expanding its activities. To support our development, we are looking for a strategic and experienced Finance Controller that believes in our vision and shares our values. We believe that brilliant people operating in a great culture will produce the best outcome. We operate, hire, develop, and promote people based on the values below.
- Customer Focus + Integrity: Our customers are the foundation of everything we do. That is why we deliver impact with ethics and integrity. Customers are our mission and our inspiration – they give us new ideas and keep us nimble.
- High Standards + Compassion: As a team, we support each other and hold each other accountable. We are constantly analyzing how we can improve. At Lidya, we do our homework, test rigorously, and the best ideas win.
- Pride + Ownership: We give our best to provide next-level service to our customers. Lidya is a commitment. Each of us takes responsibility and pride in doing exceptional work every day, because we are excited to build powerful solutions.
- Data + Human Intuition: Financial innovation demands agility, creativity, and dedication. Lidya is data-driven at the core, but we never lose sight of the human relationships we have with our customers.
- Growth + Resilience: Belief in our mission makes us ambitious to grow our global footprint. We also know that growth must be sustainable. As we take on new challenges, we will always remain rooted in our local communities.
- Team + Perseverance: Lidya is a strong, multicultural team. We are respectful, open, honest, empowering, and joyful. We know we cannot overcome obstacles without the team – or without perseverance. Everybody listens and shows up for each other, so each achievement is a team victory.
The Finance Controller position report directly into senior management, bringing you into contact with capital providers and giving the opportunity to shape the wider commercial/funding activities of the business. The successful candidate will also be a highly effective leader and also fully capable of leading a finance and accounting function through all facets of financial control process from process design through to audit and account software implementation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading the finance team lead to develop and implement monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets.
- Production of monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of financial performance against budget & cash flow, financial and operational goals.
- Developing and leading internal control policies and financial risk management, in particular reconciliation of payments to the bank accounts and management of Lidya Treasury position.
- Presenting to the management and key stakeholders regarding future funding requirements and the cash position, including managing treasury position of business and the preparation of financial models.
- Ensuring all filings (Tax, HMRC and VAT), reporting and audit timeframes are met.
Desired Qualifications and Skillset:
- 5 years+ of experience (preferably commercial) working with an Accounting Firm, Investment Bank, Management Consulting Firm or in a Financial Controller Role.
- Working knowledge of the entire underwriting process from loan application to funds disbursement and collections.
- Solid financial accounting background, preferably Big 4 trained.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field (MBA preferred) with professional accounting designation (CA, CMA or CPA).
- Results-oriented, strategic thinker and planner.